Cardiac Autonomic Modulation in children and Preadolescents obese
Mário Augusto Paschoal*
Published: 23 May, 2017 | Volume 1 - Issue 1 | Pages: 007-009
Alterations in cardiac autonomic modulation of children and obese preadolescents have attracted the attention of researchers around the world. These alterations cause disorders in the cardiac autonomic control and can interfere in cardiac output and in the homeostatic actions that depends on the cardiovascular system action.
Read Full Article HTML
Cite this Article
Read Full Article PDF
Child obesity; Autonomic nervous system; Heart rate; Cardiovascular system
- World Health Organization, 2010. Global Recommendation on Physical Activity for Health. World Health Organization. Geneva.
- Stein PK, Bosner MS, Kleiger RE, Conger BM. Heart rate variability: a measure of cardiac autonomic tone. Am Heart J. 1994; 127: 1376-1381. Ref.: https://goo.gl/f0TKLc
- Heart rate variability: standards of measurement, physiological interpretation and clinical use. Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology. Circulation. 1996; 93: 1043-1065. Ref.: https://goo.gl/gJeKKW
- Martini G, Riva P, Rabbia F, Molini V, Ferrero GB, et al. Heart rate variability in childhood obesity. Clin Auton Res. 2001; 11: 87-91. Ref.: https://goo.gl/401FcT
- Nagai N, Matsumoto T, Kita H, Moritani T. Autonomic nervous system activity and the state and development of obesity in Japanese school children. Obes Res. 2003; 11: 25-32. Ref.: https://goo.gl/HKOvD5
- Rabbia F, Silke B, Conterno A, Grosso T, De Vito B, et al. Assessment of cardiac autonomic modulation during adolescent obesity. Obes Res. 2003; 11: 541-548. Ref.: https://goo.gl/fQ12io
- Paschoal MA, Trevizan PF, Scodeler NF. Heart rate variability, blood lipids and physical capacity of obese and non-obese children. Arq Bras Cardiol. 2009; 93: 239-246. Ref.: https://goo.gl/zXhU83
- Autuncu ME, Baspinar O, Keskin M. The use of short term analysis of heart rate variability to assess autonomic function in obese children and its relationship with metabolic syndrome. Cardiol J. 2012; 19: 501-506. Ref.: https://goo.gl/MqIrih
- Birch SL, Duncan MJ, Franklin C. Overweight and reduced heart rate variability in British children: an exploratory study. Prev Med. 2012; 55: 430-432. Ref.: https://goo.gl/xdjj67
- Baum P, Petroff D, Classen J, Kiess W, Blüher S. Dysfunction of autonomic nervous system in childhood obesity: a cross-sectional study. PloS One. 2013; 8. Ref.: https://goo.gl/kUb50e
- Faulkner MS, Hathaway D, Tolley B. Cardiovascular autonomic function in healthy adolescents. Heart Lung. 2003; 32: 10-22. Ref.: https://goo.gl/Zy7wAa
- Eyre ELJ, Duncan MJ, Birch SL, Fisher JP. The influence of age and weight status on cardiac autonomic control in healthy children: A review. Autonomic Neuroscience. 2014; 186: 8-21. Ref.: https://goo.gl/OrcgZY
- Riva P, Martini G, Rabbia F, Milan A, Paglieri C, et al. Obesity and autonomic function in adolescence. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2001; 23: 57-67. Ref.: https://goo.gl/XSDjSk
- Esler M, Straznicky N, Eikelis N, Masuo K, Lambert G, et al. Mechanisms of sympathetic activation in obesity-related hypertension. Hypertension. 2006; 48: 787-796. Ref.: https://goo.gl/Hw4Yqm
- Liao D, Rodríguez-Colón SM, He F, Bixler EO. Childhood obesity and autonomic dysfunction: risk for cardiac morbidity and mortality. Curr Treat Options Cardiovasc Med. 2014; 16: 342. Ref.: https://goo.gl/I6ncw4
- Ito H, Ohshima A, Tsuzuki M, Otho N, Yanagawa M, et al. Effects of increase physical activity and mild calorie restriction on heart rate variability in obese women. Jpn Heart J. 2001; 42: 459-469. Ref.: https://goo.gl/H5iXdI
- Giuliano ICB, Caramelli B, Duncan BB, Pellanda LC. Children with adult hearts. Arq Bras Cardiol. 2009; 93:197-198. Ref.: https://goo.gl/sF0zMW
- Ancona MC, Scodeler NF, Guidi RM, Paschoal MA. Variabilidade da frequência cardíaca em crianças eutróficas e obesas nas posições supina e bípede. Rev Ciênc Méd. 2009; 18: 69-79.
- Paschoal MA, Pereira MC. Modulação autonômica cardíaca nas posições supina e bípede em crianças não obesas, obesas e obesas mórbidas. Rev Ciênc Méd. 2010; 19: 33-41.
- Paschoal MA, Fontana CC. Method of heart rate variability threshold applied in obese and non-obese pré-adolescents. Arq Bras Cardiol. 2011; 96: 450-456. Ref.: https://goo.gl/FfZruI